I can tell I haven’t written a blog in a while when I am still referring to The Psychologist February edition at the end of March! Anyway an article on conversations caught my eye and I thought I would share some of the findings mentioned on this:
- Do talk to strangers – most people are happy to engage in conversation – but they don’t because they think you won’t want to….
- Personal (physical) space is important – but more so to women.
- People feel more connected when they talk about deep matters – it doesn’t always have to be small talk – but don’t whinge and moan.
- Do be complimentary -people like it.
- Don’t overthink about what you said afterwards.